Nutrient Rich Lunch

I'm back with another recipe of sorts. I guess not really, just a healthy lunch option that I am currently devouring as though I haven't had a thing to eat in weeks. Don't worry, I ate just this morning but a day filled with blogging, marketing and homework makes a girl hungry. After starting off my morning with an ass-kicking barre class I can't just ruin my days work with a Chipotle burrito like I really want. More than that, I don't want to leave the comfort of my home and blanket to actually pickup said burrito. 

Lunch was a turkey burger topped with garlic sautéed organic spinach. If I this had been my dinner I probably would have added a baked sweet potato for some carbs but where I know 70% of my hunger was based on boredom I decided to stick with protein and veggies. No more. 

I'm lucky in that I don't have an aversion to green leafy veggies like most. Don't get me wrong, I would prefer an ice cream sundae topped with chocolate, oreos, caramel and chocolate sprinkles any day. In those moments I know that I have to acknowledge my slowing metabolism, I choose to reach for the veggies instead. Fortunately they're pretty easy to add some flavor too. 
This picture looks so unappetizing I can't even believe I uploaded it. 

I always have frozen turkey burgers in the freezer for when I'm in a pinch. They're so convenient to pop in a pan or on the grill. I rarely add spices, I'm kind of a plain jane for the most part. No one ever said a nice body tasted good in the process. As far as the spinach, I threw some olive oil and three chopped cloves of garlic in a large pot and let them warm up, not quite brown. Then added the spinach, put the cover on the pot for about four minutes, added some fresh squeezed lemon juice and viola! A little spinach to top my burger and the rest went in the fridge for whenever my heart wants it. 

Not quite an ice cream sundae but when I am rocking my new bikini in a few weeks I will be thanking my will power. Do you have any healthy recipes to share? I 'll take anything!

No comments

I love reading all of your comments! Keep 'em kind please! We respect the golden rule around here.

Back to Top