Gotta Get Down On Friday.

Well hey y'all! It's Friday here and I am one happy gal to have the next two days off however there is no vacation time around here. It is recital time. Tonight is rehearsal. A night full of costumes, confused children, nervous tears, stage taping, dancing (duh.. teachers dance too!) and coffee. A WHOLE lot of coffee. My first recital was way back in 1996 and I was a little yellow duck or something along those lines. Don't worry it was more yellow tutu than beak. 
Second came in 1997 and I was Miss America. (I still am Miss America, obviously.)


In my 18 years with Dance Express I have been all of the country, maybe world, and have made phenomenal friends and family along the way. 


My senior year was one for the books and leaving my dance family was the worst day of my life to date. Which let me tell you is saying a lot. Now I'm back as an adult, a mentor and a teacher. I wouldn't have it any other way and feel so lucky to still have such an amazing group of people in my life. 


Happy recital weekend to my second family! Here goes nothin'. 





No comments

I love reading all of your comments! Keep 'em kind please! We respect the golden rule around here.

Back to Top