Run the Day.

Rolling out of bed this morning was a little more difficult than expected. However, in a way completely different than expected. Rehearsal yesterday kicked my butt across the country and back. Imagine squatting for approximately two hours straight and you would have fit right in. If you’re thinking “ouch” you don’t know the half of it. Naturally, I expected to wake up this morning and not be capable of rolling over much less showering, getting dressed AND going to school. Here I am though and I’m ready for a gym session. So what’s wrong? That stupid security blanket from Friday’s post that just wont leave my brain. 

With seemingly perfect timing I stumbled across a motivational facebook status (I know, that’s almost an oxymoron) shortly after opening my sad, sleepy eyes. “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” Thus, I’m deciding to run the day. I’m deciding to be happy and thankful for all of the things in my life. If you’re thinking a list is coming you’re right. Let’s get started, shall we? 

ONE// I’m thankful for my legs, my body, my ability to sweat daily and of course dancing. #thesweatlife 

TWO// I’m thankful for the hot cup of coffee keeping me and my financial accounting book, notebook(s) and of course flashcards company. WOOF.

THREE// I’m thankful that I have friends to give me tough love when I need it. More than that they provide tequila shots and snuggles when I need those too. 

FOUR// Tequila.

FIVE// I’m thankful for music. With that being said listen to the stripped “Blue Jeans” cover by Mateo and get lost in bliss for however long your heart desires. Mine stays there for a quite awhile these days.

SIX// I’m thankful that I’m 21 and able to make me life entirely what I want it to be. If I want to finish school and move across the country (I do want that) then by all means what’s stopping me? Nothing. Granted, I’m sure life in California isn’t all Starbucks, yoga on the beach and sundresses all of the time but it’s new and exciting. There’s opportunity and the ability to start fresh. I want that.

SEVEN// I’m thankful for the Dustin Lynch acoustic concert tickets I purchased last evening. See ya there, Dustin Babe.

EIGHT// I’m thankful for every new day and the small beauty in the world. Scary things have been happening around this gorgeous earth lately but sunrise, sunsets and the changing leaves remind us that the world is beautiful. 

NINE// My heated blanket. I’m so beyond thankful for my heated blanket.

TEN// Coffee and Tequila. 

What are you thankful for today?


No comments

I love reading all of your comments! Keep 'em kind please! We respect the golden rule around here.

Back to Top