Olympics.

I absolutely love the Olympics. I love watching athletes that have worked so hard for their goal perform and have the moment of a lifetime competing for their country. A lot of the sporting events, winter olympics primarily, are not something you see frequently. I just wonder how the hell people get into some of these sports. Do you wake up one morning and have a "I would like to fling myself off a jump higher than Big Ben on skies" moment? Because I have never had that. Yet here I am,  completely entranced with the incredible athleticism it takes for these horrifying and outrageously cool events.

Opening ceremonies? Amazing. There was one minor mishap when the fifth snowflake didn't turn into a ring which left me momentarily concerned the show would be a disappointment. Nope, amazing. The little girl performed with a broken arm, I would too but what a strong gal.

russia+opening+ceremony+020714

Side note- When the ring didn't open I cracked a joke that the man responsible would be killed for it. The next day I saw an article telling me his body had been found in a hotel room. Come to find out it was a satirical newspaper but I still thought I jinxed the poor man. 

I am definitely most excited to watch the hockey. US plays Russia at 7am Saturday and you can be sure that I will be up and about for that game. GO USA! As a Bruins fan I am thrilled that we have five guys competing but bummed that none of them are playing for the United States. A quick overview- Patrice Bergeron playing for team Canada, Tuuka Rask, the Bruins goalie, for team Finland, David Krejci the Czech Republic, Louie Erikkson for Sweden and finally, Zdeno Chara the flag carrier and captain for team Slovakia. Chara grew up under soviet rule making carrying the flag for an independent nation of Slovakia a great honor.

My other favorite NHL team also has five guys competing in the games however, we have some team USA love in there. Team USA's captain Zach Parise is going to bring us a gold medal along with Wild defenseman Ryan Sutter. The Wild also have Nino Niederreiter playing for Switzerland and Mikael Granlund playing for Finland. While Mikko Koivu was also named to Finland's olympic team he made the decision to not play. After sustaining an ankle injury, Koivu decided he was unable to play at the top of his game and represent his country.

What are you predictions on the games and do you have any favorite events?

XOXO

No comments

I love reading all of your comments! Keep 'em kind please! We respect the golden rule around here.

Back to Top