The Plunge.

Here I sit on a rainy, humid Sunday afternoon in June. On more than one occasion today I have found myself lost in the constant downpour occasionally broken by a lone bird brave enough to make the trip from the safety of one tree branch to another. My thoughts are taken from the simple sound of rain to all of the wonders I want out of life, back to my reality. A twenty-two year old girl sitting on the bed of her childhood bedroom and wondering how I can look good traveling the world while making/saving money for a future. 

As a young teen I saw twenty-two as a glamorous time. I imagined something of an apartment in Manhattan with my best friends, a great office job where I would wear pencil skirts, blouses and four inch heels daily. Of course, Chuck Bass was my boyfriend in this fantasy. I mean, duh.

The dream world I had created for twenty-two and the reality of it are vastly different. Just yesterday I paid for a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee with a dollar of quarters. Had to get my fix, you know? Today I am writing out an expense planning guide and allotting myself a spending account along with a savings accounts. The third account is one in which most of my money will travel into, and out of- the bills account. Grocerys, rent, electric, etc. 

I'm lusting after a life of happiness and fulfillment. I'm taking a plunge to learn as much about myself as I can and be the best me while doing it.  It will be interesting to see what this crazy world has in store for me but I'm anxious to make the best of it. 

No comments

I love reading all of your comments! Keep 'em kind please! We respect the golden rule around here.

Back to Top