An Open Letter To My Valentine

What's cookin' good lookin'?

You know better than anyone that I am not much of a Valentines gal. (Any excuse for chocolate and roses though.) I just don't believe I need a calendar to tell me when I should appreciate you. In the last week you have let me use your car as my own, helped me with my laundry, calmed down my midnight terrors AND made taco dip. Sounds to me like I have a lot to be thankful for everyday. 

This February 14, eight months into our first lease and six years after our first Valentine's Day that ended in an operating room, I have so much more to be thankful for. Your view of me has entirely shifted but the look in your eyes hasn't. Now you know that my bedroom isn't always very tidy and I spend most of my time in mens clothes, sans makeup, hair tied up in a messy bun. I'm typically a hot mess and somehow, you tell me how pretty I am with a smile. 

You get me through everything and love me when I have a hard time loving myself. I'm just not sure there are many words to describe just how thankful I am for you. Happy Valentine's Day to my favorite dance partner, partner-in-crime and best friend. I love you to the moon. 

No comments

I love reading all of your comments! Keep 'em kind please! We respect the golden rule around here.

Back to Top